SingHealth Duke-NUS Global Health Institute warmly invites you to join us for our Webinar Series "The Impact of COVID-19 on Health and Health Equity in the ASEAN Region". The COVID-19 pandemic has been unprecedented in how it has affected the lives of everyone around the globe. Poor and vulnerable populations have and will be particularly hard hit by the health and socio-economic consequences of this health crisis. This webinar will examine maternal and child health inequities in the ASEAN region and how the COVID-19 outbreak has and is further expected to impact existing health inequities. It will explore how the COVID-19 outbreak may alter specific health services such as vaccination programmes and maternal and newborn care. It will also discuss the long term effect of COVID-19 on maternal and child health programmes and offer some potential strategies to mitigate the negative impact. Speakers:
- Prof Courtney Davis (moderator)Education Core Co-Lead, SDGHI & Staff Physician, KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH)
- Mr Björn AndersonRegional Director, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Bangkok
- Ms Mariam KhanUnited Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Representative, Lao PDR
- Dr Paul PronykChief, Child Survival and Development, UNICEF Indonesia
- Dr Katherine Ann V. ReyesAssistant Professor & Associate Dean for Research, Department of Health Policy and Administration, College of Public Health, University of the Philippines, Manila
- Dr Maria Asuncion SilvestrePresident, Kalusugan ng Mag-Ina, Inc (KMI; Translation: Health of Mother and Child), Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
8 Jul 2020, SGT 7pm - 8pm, Zoom Click here to register (requires internet access)
Limited slots available. For enquiry or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subcribe to our mailing list to get the updates to your email inbox...
Best viewed on IE 11, Firefox 27, Chrome 22, and Safari 7 and above.